

So yeah, I decided to try to attempt competing in this year's Dominance War competition. I'm totally geeked about the whole thing, and I'm really just aiming to try to make it in the top 50. It may be a long shot, but I'm definately going to work hard on this one.Since I'm not paying the extra money for the CGSociety premium, I can't post attachments, which means I'll be posting all my steps here on the blog so I can link them to CGSociety. Usually I reserve posts for finished pieces, but oh well...
First off is just some exploratory character silhouettes for two different class types. I decided on the archer chick, now entitled SigrĂșn the Void Valkyrie. Having a little bit of fun here with tying Norse mythology into the Dominance War universe. The last image is a bit more refined and something of a value patterning study. Trying to decide which one I like best. I won't say my favourites just yet, maybe you guys can help me decide. I do have some colors in mind for these already but I figured I'd just take this one at a time.
Its also been pointed out that maybe she should have something covering her stomach. While I'm not 100% sure if I want to cover it up, I've been working on some solutions to this issue, as well as some tweaks to the face and some different hair styles. I'll post them up when I get them all wrapped up.
Photoshop, wacom, and Vitamin Water.
2 comments:
Cool shape studies dude! Seems like you and the guys have been really busy lately. But thats awesome.
Sang does work with me and is one of my good friends from Big Huge Games. He is also very talanted and is down to earth to the extreme. :)
Dude - - you are getting much better.
Do more of this, now.
Post a Comment