

These were some of my final board submissions for Dominance War, my favorites at least. I figured it would be pointless to put my text image in here, since this really isn't a blog about writing. Although, I do write quite a bit for me posts don't I...
Anyhow, the character story that I developed was that Sigrun here is a Void Valkyrie, born and raised to lead a team of Valkyries into battle against the demons when they return to this realm. And of course, we all know that demons are always showing up, making a scene, causing problems, etc. So she's good to have around.
I just have to say that drawing a character in a bind pose was actually really hard for me. Usually you can feel the fluidity and natural feel of a pose as you draw it, and thats usually what I go by to determine if something is "right" I guess (although of course, I still need to work on this a lot). However, drawing someone standing with their weight evenly displaced on both sides of the body, arms angled out, and head straight forward, is a really awkward feeling pose. I'm going to have to practice drawing characters in this pose to get faster at it.
Anyhow, I'm decently proud of these two boards. I'll have to raise the bar for next time though...
Photoshop, Wacom, too much Monster, and no sleep during finals week.
No comments:
Post a Comment