


Lucy Liu as a Gerbil is having some problems uploading. She's only blue when I upload it and I can't figure out why its like that or how to fix it... So, just imagine the gerbil is under a blacklight :) Anyhow, moving on. The Lucy Liu assignment was to turn Lucy Liu into an animal, but look more like the animl than Lucy Liu. Maybe a character design like this would be used for a CG animated movie or 2D animated movie?
The second are excerpts from a piece that aged a character from an infant to 70 years old. I've included here the infant, the toddler, the 10 year old and the teenager. They turned out better than the others, with the 10 year old and teenager being my favorites of the bunch. The infant and toddler are a bit off, almost somehow sometimes when I look at them, heh. I need to study baby proportions a bit more.
The other two aren't my favorites. It is the same character for both, the first image a color scheme variation study and the second, a look at how the character might look in different genres/time-periods. I do like how the knight character looks in the last image, and another interesting thing about this piece is that the cannibal/tribal version only took me 2 hours total. That's including the idea for the character, the drawing, the linework, and the coloring, all right into the computer. It's amazing what we can do sometimes when we are really under the gun, lol. Don't get me wrong, it still looks a bit rough and could look much better with more time and polish, but I know I would not have been able to pull off a character like that out of my head with no ref in that time frame at the beginning of this semester.

No comments:
Post a Comment