Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Calm Before the Storm


A before and after shot of a massacre. These were originally created for use in a green screen set in a short film by a very talented guy named Saro Varjabedian. I made scenes to match his script, which involved a surreal vision of feudal japan as the background. It's cool to see live action actors acting over the top of something that you painted, heheh.

The silhouette of the scout in the top piece is something that was not in the original submission for the film. I added him in there for a bit more of a narrative from an illustration stand point.
On my laptop monitor these colors have been tweaked to perfection, but I've noticed on other monitors they can get kind of funky. I'm going to post another set of these with the color tweaks so you guys can have two versions of these. Hopefully one version will look the way I intended it on your monitor. :)
Just a side note here, the top piece was selected to be in CCAD's Art of Illustration Show. I am quite stoked about this.

Everything here done in Photoshop w/ wacom. No photo collage (I've had people ask about the clouds or some of the mountains in the back).

No comments: