

So here it is, my character design final from last semester. I was in a massive rush to try and finish this on time and just barely made it. I was literally drawing the hands part straight into the lab computers during class, and polished everything off just in time before my teacher was going to head home. So, needless to say, there are parts of these two boards that aren't my strongest due to a massive shortage of time to do this much work. However, there are parts of this char design that I think are my best yet. I think the character and the style for this character are my favorite of the entire semester. I espescially liked the way the final pose and the front view of the turn-around look. The hands get rough at times, and the facial expression vary a bit in their likeness to the character. I think with a bit more time, and the practice I've had since then, I could probably do a better job.
I had been studying a lot of Tetsuya Nomura's character designs for things like the Kingdom Hearts series and that more recent DS game with a long title that is escaping me at the moment. This gave me a good chance to examine what stylistically makes those characters work, as well as analyze the style itself. I used to draw from some of the Kingdom Hearts artwork when I was younger, so this is my inspiration coming full circle here.
All linework was drawn straight into the computer via Cintiq(thank God for school labs) or Wacom and everything was executed via Photoshop.
No comments:
Post a Comment