
I hate to sound like a broken record, but this probably looks a lot better on my screen than it does on yours. When I scoped it out on the macs at school the darks looked really blown out... oh well.
I spent a lot of time on this piece. You're probably looking at around 15-20 hours worth of painting, but thats not counting all the work that I put into this thing that I erased, changed, or just painted over, heh. I struggled with the composition for a while, and tried to do as much as I could without reference in an exercise to see how much my brain has been retaining from my photo or life drawing observations. The only part I broke down and used reference for was the wrist and hands of the girl, and I studied my own hands at times for the beast's hands. (My hands don't look like those though, honest!) I worked on this piece over the course of a 3 week period, so I had a lot of time to get some great critiques from some friends and pros, as well as time for my eye to adjust as I was working on it.
So yeah, the story here is that the girl lures people in, while her beast friend, lurking in the shadows, lunges out and BOOM! Dinner for two. Shes supposed to be a bit eerie, hopefully I got that part in there. I debated calling this piece "The Boyfriend's Back" heh.
This piece was done straight into Photoshop via wacom tablet.
1 comment:
Raz, I love it! very nice work!
Post a Comment